Thursday, July 21, 2005

Homer Spit Outstanding View #4



I don't think I ever had halibut before I got to Homer, but the place I stopped to grab dinner had it as their special - fish on a stick and chips.

Oh, sweet Jesus - that was some of the best fish I have EVER had! You could tell how fresh it was - my guess is that it was swimming earlier that day. Sorry, Mr. Halibut, but you were mighty tasty.

BTW, we are sorely missing out in the lower 48 by not having access to any of the Alaskan beers. Their amber and pale ale are amazing and this was a perfect match with the fish. YUM.

All in all, this was one of the best meals of the trip. I've really tried to synch up my meals with the locale (like BBQ down south, for example), and this was just phenomenal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home