Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Blue Ridge Parkway, Part III


The Blue Ridge Parkway just gets better and better the further south you ride. This is pretty close to the end and not long after I ran into Woody and the couple on the vintage BMW.

I can't stress enough what a great ride the BRP is. I've gotten really frustrated with riding in the NYC area over the last couple of years, since there are so few cool roads. Even reasonably good roads like the Saw Mill Parkway are clogged with shitheads driving Lincoln Aggravators blabbing away (illegally) on their cellphones (which the cops do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about, even though it probably claims as many lives every year as DWIs). Even when I try to visit my family on LI, I find it to be a real chore because the traffic is soooooo Hellish and it usually takes me over an hour to do the 40 or so miles, even when splitting lanes for most of it.

Anyway, this has been a real treat. I'm going to miss the BRP, but I know that lots of other amazing roads await. If you ever get a chance, ride the Blue Ridge Parkway yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home