Thursday, May 26, 2005

Underway

Day 2: I finally got on the road yesterday! The ride down to Richmond wasn't bad. Lots of traffic getting out of NYC (natch), and quite a bit around the DC area as well. The rain pretty much stayed away except for an hour or less in south Jersey. The DL kept most of it off me, anyway - if I duck behind the windshield I can stay almost totally dry when moving.

I spent the evening with my old friend and onetime bandmate Sam and his partner Meg last night in Richmond. We went out to eat at the Positive Vibe Cafe, a training restaurant that provides a facility for people with disabilities to learn food service skills to help them to secure employment. I love the idea, frankly, and the food was pretty damn good! One little issue: they called their French Onion Soup "Caramelized Onion Soup," which I can only guess was to avoid offending the Red State constituency. Maybe I'm wrong - the place was pretty crunchy (with a name like that, how could it not be?). Still, the French are not beloved down here.

Today I'm off to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've ridden part of it in the past, and it was amazing. Definitely one of the best riding roads I've encountered, so today should be a blast. Even better, NO RAIN in the forecast!

Scorecard: Harley-Davidsons seen being trailered instead of ridden: 2. Japanese bikes seen being trailered instead of ridden: 3. BMWs seen being trailered instead of ridden: yeah, right - as if!

Ride On!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude!
Great to see you! Have an awesome and safe trip. Looking forward to reading the blog along the way.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Wag The Movies said...

Ride On! Now I have a summer series that's better than what's on the UPN to look forward to.

Peggy

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home