Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Surf's Up


You see these signs over and over up the coast of Oregon on 101. I actually don't remember if they were there five years ago when I last drove the Oregon coast. Perhaps they've been put up as a response to the tsunami earlier this year in the Indian Ocean...? I dunno, but they must add a little perspective to the lives of the people living on the coast there. Many of the people living in the fantastic homes right on the ocean in these areas might one day have mere moments to say goodbye to their whole lives. Nature giveth and nature taketh away, and these signs remind you of that constantly.

OK, and in a sicko-funny sorta way, I think the guy running up the hill to higher ground is pretty cool...yeah, I know, I'm gonna burn in hell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home