Sunday, June 26, 2005

San Francisco, CA

I arrived in San Francisco on Monday, June 20th. Amy (my girlfriend) flew out to San Francisco that day and we spent the next couple of days in the city celebrating my birthday (34! Whoo-hoo!). The DL then went to spend a few days at Golden Gate Cycles to have her 7500 mile service a bit early. Amy and I rented a car (gasp!) and drove up to Point Reyes to do some camping, which was fantastic. If you can deal with hauling all your stuff two miles to the coast from the trailhead, you are rewarded with a very private, secluded camp right off of one of the most gorgeous beaches I've seen in California.

Alas, Amy (the greatest girlfriend in the world, by the way - who else would be so cool with me riding all over creation for two months and even come visit me for my birthday?) had to go back to NYC and I had to get back on the road. As usual, San Francisco was a lot of fun and my visit there was way too short.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you got to try some of those Tomales Bay oysters! You're making me miss my old stomping grounds...

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea, and HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mathew Elsner said...

Thanks! Alas, no, we didn't have the oysters you recommended. The timing just wasn't right for us to get there for lunch or dinner.

I guess we'll just have to go back soon!

ME

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, the time in San Fran was great ! Mateo is the best boyfriend ever... If only I had my license.... sigh.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home