Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Long Ride Home Begins

This is the moment I have NOT been waiting for: the long ride home. Don't get me wrong, it will be great to see my friends, family, and the Greatest Girlfriend in the World again, but the Ride Home always sorta gets me down no matter where I've ridden (but especially since Brooklyn is so goddamn UGLY compared to what I've seen over the last two months). I still have a special place in my heart for NYC, but I wouldn't want to ever live there again (oh, shit - wait a minute - I think we just signed a new lease! Oh well).

I know that this ride home will be full of reflection. I hope that the lessons I've learned on this trip will hold me in good stead for the rest of my life and that as I sort this all out I can cogently share it with you.

I am getting a new rear tire put on in Wasilla, AK, and then beginning the ride home through Tok, AK. I guess I don't have much choice, frankly - Tok has the distinction (I believe) of being the only city in the U.S. that you must drive through upon entering and leaving the state in which it is located. Lucky me.

Ride on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home