Monday, July 11, 2005

New Friends



Just before Muncho Lake, I stopped for lunch at one of the exceedingly rare roadside cafes on the Al-Can. While there, I ran into a couple of bikers from the U.S. I'd met the day before, Rich and Jim (I'm awful with names - I think Rich is the guy on the left in the red and black suit, and Jim is wearing the "Can You See Me NOW?" yellow suit. When we all finished eating, we took off north together. We were joined by two brothers and their sister (more on them later) who were also riding north.

A short while later, we came to a construction site where we were forced to wait for about 20 minutes (a very common occurence on the Al-Can). Right where we waited, there was a small group of horses just hanging out. They weren't wild, just chillin' and looking for handouts of apples.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all this cool biking stuff makes me want to keep my ride...after many years on the open roads with the wind in my hair (well the part of my hair that is not covered by the helmet) I was getting tired of riding and was ready to sell this beast:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mcy/83963425.html

But I think I will ride on with the inspiration of great biker man Mateus...that is, unless I get a good offer.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mathew Elsner said...

BMBD-

Nah, keep it. It will be great for pissing off cabbies when you get back to NYC.

ME

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home