Saturday, August 19, 2006

Camping at the End of the Earth (or at least Nova Scotia)



After riding the length of U.S. 1 up the coast of Maine, I crossed into Canada and made a dash across New Brunswick. Actually, "dash" wouldn't exactly be correct - the province is really pretty big. I spent the night in the lovely town of Moncton, NB, then headed south into Nova Scotia the next morning.

I managed to make it to Sydney by late afternoon and then proceeded to get hopelessly lost on some backroads while looking for the campground where I had a reservation (one wrong turn actually had me turning right into someone's driveway while they stared at me from their front porch in bewilderment). I ended up just following the water until I came upon the little village of River Ryan and found the campground completely by accident. It was a cozy little private campground and the hosts gave me a nice spot right by the water.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Wish I had been there...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Thundergod said...

We have to meet up somewhere...I thinking Hudson Bay...that would be almost equidistant. How is your Vstrom holding up.

--Casa Bonita forever....seriously...you are still digesting it.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright matt---

june 24th-26th in gunnison colorado....gts rally...join us--

thor

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you ever come out of that tent?
Maybe....OH....TO UPDATE YOUR F'n BLOG?!

(ya know -they make wireless internet cards now)
Thundergod

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to write

you a bit of

observation to be able to say thanks the moment again

for your

personal breathtaking tricks you've provided at this time. oakley outlet ,It's really

seriously open-handed of

people like you to convey publicly what a number of us would have sold as an ebook to

get some

money on their own, notably considering the fact that you could possibly have tried it [url=http://www.cheapoksunglassesoutlet.com]oakley sunglasses outlet[/url] oakley outlet in case you [url=http://www.cheapoksunglassesoutlet.com]cheap oakley sunglasses[/url]

oakley sunglasses outlet

wanted. These good

tips

as well served as a easy way to fully grasp that most people have similar fervor much like

my own to know the truth many more

related to this matter.

I'm certain

there are lots of more pleasurable opportunities up front for many who

read carefully your website.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home