Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Getty


The Getty Museum was one of the only real "touristy"things I did in LA. I had gone once before, which was only a few weeks after they opened it. Almost all the plants you see in the photo above were mere sprouts back then, so it was cool to see how everything had developed. I probably spent more time touring the grounds than looking at the art.

I did go and check out the Rembrandt exhibit, however, and it was pretty good, just jam-packed with shuffling white-haired tourists. There was also a fantastic exhibit of Paul Strand photos, which was worth going to the museum for by itself. Great art can be very inspiring- I started taking pictures of damn near EVERYTHING when I got out of there! A 512 MB memory card can be a dangerous thing, however - I'll let you know if anything good comes out of my recent shutterhappiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home