Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Alaskan Humor



When I first arrived in Alaska, I began to wonder whether the natives had any kind of a sense of humor. They all seemed so staid and stoic that I wondered if their faces would crack if they actually smiled. During our first meal in Alaska, Julee of the Filthy Five asked our server if he ever smiled (he was as stonefaced as a statue), at which point he broke down and apologized, as he'd had a long day.

The next day, I found proof of a sense of humor among the Alaskans. I saw this license plate at the post office and the woman who owned the car agreed to let me take it and publish it. She explained that "intellectual types" from the lower 48 would often ask her if her husband was the local DA. Duhhhh.....c'mon guys!

This woman clearly has a sense of humor and should be applauded for it. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home