Saturday, June 04, 2005

New Orleans

After getting my new rear tire installed, I rode down I-55 to New Orleans. I'd been there once before and knew that I was in for a fun time. I ended up staying about 3 blocks from the French Quarter and about 4 blocks from the notorious Bourbon Street.

I headed to Bourbon Street about 10:00 PM (letting everyone get a bit of a head start on me - hehe) and literally saw my first set of boobs in less than a minute. I didn't even have time to get one of those high-octane frozen concoctions that I always regret drinking the next day!

It seems like Bourbon Street has gotten a bit rowdier over the years. There were people asking women in their 60s to flash, which is a bit disrespectful if you ask me. There were also women showing a lot more than just their boobs (if you catch my drift), which seems to be a new development since the last time I was there.

At one point, I was standing on the street beneath a balcony that was full of people liberally tossing beads, and one guy pointed to a girl on the balcony and remarked "Yeah, that girl is like Old Faithful - she shows her tits every two minutes." I think he was wrong - it was more like every 30 seconds or so. Her parents must be so proud.

All in all, New Orleans was fun if a little skanky (or am I just getting old and more prudish?). I drank waaaay too much and got lots of beads without having to show MY boobs. I rode out of town on Saturday morning with a monster of a hangover, but it was all worth it.

And no, I didn't take my camera with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home