Sunday, June 12, 2005

Cruisin' the Southwest


I had been on I-10 for too long through New Mexico and Arizona and decided to head off the "beaten path" for a little while, so I took I-8 towards San Diego west of Tucson, AZ (which was eerily deserted) and then headed north on Route 85. That's still a pretty beaten path, but a little less so than the Interstates.

Off Route 85 there were just thousands of these enormous Saguaro cacti everywhere. I've driven through the desert before but never saw concentrations of them like I did there. They really do make you feel like you're riding through the desert, just in case the HEAT doesn't.

I rolled into Blythe, CA last night at about 7:00 PM (Whoo-hoo! California, baby!) and it said it was 105 degrees on the big digital clock in town. That's pretty damn hot, especially in riding gear. The DL has been a trooper, however, and she's never complained. I, on the other hand, bitch and moan about the heat constantly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home